A NEW LOOK FOR OUR CATALOG – Evergreen v. 2.2
You may have noticed that our catalog, SageCat, now looks quite different. A couple of weeks ago, the Sage Library System upgraded our catalog software to Evergreen version 2.2. More than just an improvement of the look and feel, this version brings several highly-anticipated functions.
· Enhanced Account Preferences:
o Check Out History (optional) – Once again, users have the option to turn on tracking of check out history. One of the most greatly missed features lost when Sage switched to Evergreen from the Millennium software in 2011, we’re all happy to see the return of this feature.
To start building a list of what you check out, go to: My Account > Account Preferences > Search & History Preferences. Click on the box on the row labeled “Keep history of checked out items?”
o Hold History (optional) – Like the checkout history feature, users can now choose to build a list of items they have placed on hold in the past. Start your list in the same was as described for Check Out History above.
· My Lists – This feature replaces the Bookbag feature. It enables users to create temporary or permanent lists; create and edit notes for items in lists; place holds on items in lists; and share lists via RSS feeds and CSV files. Book Clubs can use this feature to create and share the club’s reading schedule. Instructors might create reading lists to share with classes. You can use it to keep a list of “Books I Want Read” or create and share a list of “Books You Need To Read” with a friend.
· SMS Text Messaging – This feature enables users to receive text messages from the catalog of hold notices and call numbers. One can opt-in to set hold notification as a default setting for all holds, or receive specific hold notifications via text message. Text messages of call number and copy location can be sent from an item’s detailed record on the catalog.
· Auto-suggest – This feature offers suggestions to complete search terms as one is entering a query. Scroll through suggestions with your mouse, or use the arrow keys to scroll through the suggestions. Select a suggestion to view records that are linked to this suggestion.
What we’re working on:
· Payment of library fines & bills with credit card through the catalog – Evergreen 2.2 supports this functionality now, but before we can launch it, Sage must first determine how to efficiently receive and distribute funds to our diverse 75 plus library membership, which includes public libraries, schools, special libraries, and colleges. A challenge, yes, but we’re librarians! We’ll do our research and figure it out.
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or experience any bugs we need to report.
Just call 541-523-6419 or contact us online .